WoodenBoat Show Tribute Dinner — June 25, 2016
With over 30,000 boats built to date, it is WoodenBoat’s pleasure to dedicate the 2016 tribute dinner to Chesapeake Light Craft (aka “CLC”), John C. Harris, and their talented team.
CLC has done marvelous things for the wooden boat community. They offer affordable boats and kits to get families of any income out on the water, as well as teaching wooden boatbuilding classes that educate today’s population the essential skills needed to build wooden boats.
Chesapeake Light Craft was founded in 1991 by Chris Kulczycki and started as a supplier of kayak plans, and soon after offered completed boats. Owned since 1999 by John C. Harris, CLC is the leading manufacturer of wooden boat kits, etc., with designs ranging from kayaks and standup paddleboards, to rowboats and pocket-cruising sailboats (and everything in between!).
Chesapeake Light Craft Tribute Dinner
- Location: Latitude 41 Restaurant
- Date: Saturday, June 25, 2016
- Time: Bar opens at 5:30 pm, Dinner is served at 7:00 pm
- Ticket Price: $45.00
- Deadline to purchase tickets: June 13, 2016 at noon, eastern time
Other CLC related activities at the 2016 WoodenBoat Show
- Anyone with a CLC boat is invited and encouraged to bring it with them to the WoodenBoat Show and display it (for free) on the North End lawn (between Latitude 41 restaurant and the water). Boat owners can move their CLC boat onto the lawn Thursday (June 24) in the afternoon, and display it Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Owners can remove their CLC boats from the lawn either after the show on Sunday, or after the CLC Boat Parade.
- All CLC boats and owners are invited to participate in the Small Boats Monthly sponsored CLC boat parade. Starting Sunday at noon, CLC boats will gather at the North End docks, then participate in a floating CLC boat parade that will take them south to the bascule bridge and back (x2).